KILIMANJARO CLIMBING PACKAGES
5day From $1,640 pp
Take on Kilimanjaro with African Diurnal Safaris on a 5 day trekking adventure on Marangu route. This is the most popular and direct of the mountain routes and the only one served by mountain huts to provide protection from the elements.
With one guide for every tow passengers and team of porters, all you have to do is focus on the incredible views and keep your footing, while the crew keeps you safe and sound
Hike through forests and alpine meadows, over rocky ravines and past lunar landscape to the spectacular summit of Africa’s highest peak – the panoramic views from the top of mount Kilimanjaro must be seen to be believed.
Day 1: Arusha/ Moshi to Marangu gate.
Breakfast, drive from your overnight hotel to Marangu gate, there we will spend some time for registration, payment of fees and final parking. Start climbing through dense semi – tropical to the first Hut – Mandara hut (9,000ft).Dinner and overnight at mandara hut.
Day 2: Mandara hut to Horombo hut.
Early breakfast then ascend through the alpine meadow, grassland and moor land to Horombo hut (12,000ft).Both mawenzi and kibo peaks can be viewed easily on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Horombo hut.
Day 3: Horombo hut to kibo camp.
After breakfast, further ascending to Kibo hut (15,000ft).The landscape becomes very stony and eroded. Spectacular mountain vegetation like giant cactus, groundswell and lobelia appear on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibo hut.
Day 4: Kibo to Horombo hut.
Wake up at midnight, have some snacks and coffee then proceed to the summit through Gilman point (18,640ft).It’s about 5-6 hours and 1-2 hours from Kibo hut to Gilman point and from Gilman point to Uhuru peak(19,340ft) respectively. Thus reaching the peak in the early morning of the fifth day and descending after pictures taking on the top to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Marangu to Moshi/Arusha.
After breakfast, descend from Horombo hut to Marangu gate. The waiting car will take you back to Moshi town or Arusha.
End of the five days Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu route, get ready for the next day flight back home or proceed with the wildlife safaris to other destinations.
- Wildlife safaris to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and other destinations, after and before the Kilimanjaro climb can be arranged.
• 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu route
• 4 nights’ accommodations during the climbing
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Kilimanjaro Airport(JRO) or Arusha Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
• All parks entrance fees and camping fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point of the climb
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Arusha or Moshi
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the climb).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange it.