Mount Meru Climbing Packages
From $930 /person
Mount Meru is the fifth highest mountain on the African continent and the second highest in Tanzania and dominates the Arusha National Park with its huge cliffs. The mountain is often used as warm-up hiking in preparation for the Kilimanjaro. However, the technical requirements are greater on Mount Meru than on the Kilimanjaro Routes. On the three-days trekking tour, you are more than likely to see giraffes, buffalos, antelopes and baboons; therefore, a park ranger will accompany you for your safety.
Day 1: Trasfer to Ngongongare gate to Miriakamba hut.
Trek through the fig trees to Miriakamba for about 5 hours including picnic lunch, break at Moiyo waterfall, dinner and overnight Miriakamba hut (2514m/8,248ft), 14km (8.6mi).
Day 2: Miriakamba Hunt to Saddle point.
After breakfast, trek for 4 hours to saddle point, lunch on arrival, rest for 2 hours, side trek for acclimatization to little Meru (3820m/12,533 ft.), dinner and overnight Saddle Hut (3566m/11,712 ft.), 7km (4.3 mi).
Day 3: Meru Peak to Saddle Hunt – Back to Arusha.
Around the midnight wake-up call, tea and cookies, your climb starts at 12:00 via Rhino point (3800m/12,467 ft.), must prepare for rough trail “rock-line” to Meru Peak (4562m/15,967 ft.), 8km (5mi). Trek down from Meru Peak to Saddle Hut via the same trail, brunch, afternoon trek down to Mommella headquarters (28km/17mi) via jiwe la lami, meet your driver and transfer to Arusha/ Moshi.
- Wildlife safaris to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and other destinations, after/before the Kilimanjaro climb can be arranged.
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro after finishing Mount Meru as the preparation for Climbing Kilimanjaro.
• 3 days Mount Meru Northern route
• 2 nights’ accommodations in the hut during the hiking
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, pulse-oximeter, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Kilimanjaro Airport(JRO) or Arusha Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides and armed ranger
• All parks entrance fees and huts fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point at Momella gate
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Arusha or Moshi
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the hike).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.