If visiting Serengeti National Park is not on your bucket list then you should go ahead and edit it. Why? Approximately 90,000 people visit the park each year from all over the world; it has a diversity of wildlife. It has since become the most popular and well-known safari destination in Africa.
Serengeti National Park has one of the oldest ecosystems and environments on earth, having changed very little in the last one million years. You can only come and prove these facts yourself!
Where Is It Found
Serengeti National Park is located in Tanzania, East Africa. In case you haven’t heard, East Africa is home to the best travel destination in Africa, you have too much to see and experiences to relish when you are here. The region is filled with abundant wildlife, mountains, water bodies, white beaches, beautiful sceneries and more.
A Place Where The Land Runs Forever
The Serengeti National Park is famous for its annual migration of over 1.5 million white-bearded wildebeest and 250,000 zebra and also for its numerous Nile crocodiles and the honey badger.
The name Serengeti is an approximation of the word ‘Siringet’ used by the Maasai to describe the area, which means “the place where the land runs on forever”, for you with love for adventure, this is the best place for your feet to wander endlessly.
The park covers 14,750 square kilometers of grassland plains, savannah, riverine forest and woodlands. It is usually described as divided into three regions;
This is the almost treeless grassland of the south and the most symbolic scenery of the park. This is where the wildebeest breed from December to May. You will also find zebras, gazelles, impala, hartebeest, Topi, buffalos, waterbucks which widely occur in the wet season.
The Western Corridor
Here you will find the black clay soils that cover the savannah. The Grumeti River and its forests are also found here and are home to Nile crocodiles, hippopotamus, martial eagles and monkeys. The migration goes on from May to July.
The landscape is dominated by open woodlands and hills ranging from Seronera in the south to the Mara River on the Kenyan border. This is the best place to view elephants, giraffes and dik-dik (small antelopes). You will also find the migratory wildebeest and zebra- this occurs from July to August and even in November when crossing Mara River to Maasai Mara national reserve in Kenya.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Serengeti National Park
Wildlife viewing in Serengeti National Park is pleasant throughout the year, but certain areas are better at specific times. The dry season occurs from late June to October, and it offers the best wildlife view in general with the wildebeest migration as the highlight. The timing of the migration which many tourists love to view varies every year, but the best chance of seeing it is during June and July.
African Diurnal Safaris and Tours
You need to start planning now and map out your trip plan from accommodation to meals, tour guide, etc. African Diurnal Safaris and Tours is what you need.
We specialize in tailor-made customization for your every need, be it business, individual or group travel trips. You will explore in meaningful and memorable ways, we live here, and we know all corners in the Serengeti National Park. At African Diurnal Safaris and Tours, we believe life is a journey, make yours epic! These are the services we offer;
- Game drive/viewing
- Honey Moon Safaris
- Cycling Safaris
- Bird Watching
- Cultural and Historical Tours
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking
- Balloon Safaris
- Boat cruises
- Adventure and Camping Safaris
- Walking, Hiking and Trekking Safaris
- Leisure Beach Holiday etc.
We understand the need for you to have perfect pictures to capture your perfect moments in the wild or to share with your friends and family. We have professional photographers on the team, however, if you have your camera and would like to capture your shots, that is allowed, here we live life to the fullest-no limits. Whether you are a small group or an individual, you have found the right company. Our price depends on the type of trip you want.
For more information about the pricing of your dream safaris, please send us your itinerary request and we will make everything possible. If you need help with your itinerary, we will help you pin it down.
Why You Need An Itinerary
- Maximizing your time; an itinerary has to include your travel time to numerous certain attractions with leeway for unforeseen circumstances like weather and heavy traffic. This might affect your plans, but with an itinerary on hand, you will be more flexible and not waste your time.
- It will help you manage your expenditures because you will be able to estimate the cost of your travel beforehand, know how much you are going to spend and plan your budget accordingly.
- An itinerary will ease your travel from one point to another. On the trip you will not be able to see all the sights at once, so you have to either visits attractions that are near each other or travel in one direction, we will advise you according to your need.
- With an itinerary, trip essentials will not be forgotten. You must include the essentials needed while travelling, for example, what clothes fit what weather for that period of your visit, you don’t want to carry heavy clothing for a dry season. Medicines, emergency numbers like hospitals, your embassy, and the police must be at hand, etc.
Our Tour Guides
We have the most experienced guides who have been travelling and sighting places all their lives- almost. They are experienced wanderers. They know what is where, who is where, and what is what. Let us say; they are ‘know-it-all’ of wildlife and travel.
Now, you have to inform us of your travel dates and time, arrival and departure respectively, then leave the rest to us.