- 4 days gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park and Nyungwe forest
- Canopy walk in Nyungwe National Park
- Visit to Musanze caves
- Special appointed safari vehicle
- Service of professional English speaking guide/driver
- 3 nights’ accommodations
Rwanda is all about its friendly people and the diversity in landscapes and activities. This four days safari will show you the best of what Rwanda has to offer. Chimpanzee tracking in Volcanoes forest and Nyungwe forest one of the oldest forests in Africa! You will also go 2 times on Gorilla tracking in both Volcanoes and Nyungwe forest. This tour is a unique experience for anyone who likes primates.
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport / Drive to Volcanoes.
On your arrival at Kigali International Airport you will be picked up and transfer you to your hotel, approximately two hours’ drive from the capital of Kigali. The journey is on good roads and you will quickly see why Rwanda is known as the Land of 1000 Hills. Winding roads leave up steep hills through Kigali. You will drive through Ruhengeri, with its stunning backdrop of five volcanic mountains – the Virungas – arriving for dinner and overnight at your lodge.
This place is best known as being the home of Rwanda’s mountain gorillas. if you arrive early, additional options include a visit to Musanze Caves, a village walk or even a visit to the grave of famous primatologist Dian Fossey of “Gorillas in the Mist” fame who studied the gorillas of this area.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in the Volcanoes National Park.
You will be up early on the morning of your Gorilla Tracking for a good breakfast in preparation for the day’s physical activity. You will report for registration at the ranger station by 8 AM. After a briefing by the rangers, your gorilla trek will start. The trek usually takes between three and six hours so a reasonable degree of fitness is required, as well as a strong pair of walking boots or shoes. The rangers will guide you through the fields, up the gentle slopes of the volcanoes and into the bamboo forest. The mountain gorillas are under 24 hours monitoring for their own safety, so you’re almost guaranteed to see them. The rangers monitor each gorilla family by keeping in close radio contact. Tracking the mountain gorillas is a physically demanding experience. The rangers will allocate your gorilla family according to your level of fitness. Take your best photographs having switched off your flash. The whole exercise takes a maximum of an hour and then returns to your lodge/hotel for lunch and later transfer to Nyungwe National Park; dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy Walk in Nyungwe National Park.
Rise up very early in the morning and have breakfast/packed breakfast, and then after go for chimpanzee briefing, enter Nyungwe forest with Park ranger guides in search for colonies of Chimpanzees and many monkey species like Blue Monkeys, red tailed monkeys and grey checked Mangabeys, Colobus monkeys, plus beautiful forest birds among others. The exercise may take between 2-4 hours and return back at your lodge for lunch, relaxation as preparing for any one of the above-mentioned activities of your choice, in the afternoon. Return to the lodge for dinner & overnight.
Day 4: Transfer Back to Kigali and Prepared for a Flight.
After Morning Breakfast at the lodge, you will transfer back to Kigali & in case you arrive on time in Kigali, you will go for shopping and later be dropped at the airport.
• 4 days gorilla trekking and Golden monkey in Volcanoes National Park and Nyungwe National Park
• 3 nights’ accommodations in a tented camp or lodge
• All parks entrance fees and gorilla permits
• Airport transfers
• Tour guide-driver English speaking
• Transportation with 4×4 safari vehicles
• Guaranteed window seat for photographing
• Mineral water and soft drinks
• Free pickup in residential house/ hotel in Kigali
• Guide and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance
• Accommodation /meals one night before the safaris and last day after the safari in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.