KILIMANJARO CLIMBING PACKAGES
6day From $1,890 pp
The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, Rongai has low traffic. It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation).
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended. Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. This route descends down the Marangu route.
Day 1: Arusha/ Moshi to Marangu gate.
Breakfast, drive from your overnight hotel to Marangu gate, there we will spend some time for registration, payment of fees and final parking. Start climbing through dense semi – tropical to the first Hut – Mandara hut (9,000ft).Dinner and overnight at mandara hut.
Day 2: Mandara hut to Horombo hut.
Early breakfast then ascend through the alpine meadow, grassland and moor land to Horombo hut (12,000ft).Both mawenzi and kibo peaks can be viewed easily on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Horombo hut.
Day 3: Horombo hut to kibo camp.
After breakfast, further ascending to Kibo hut (15,000ft).The landscape becomes very stony and eroded. Spectacular mountain vegetation like giant cactus, groundswell and lobelia appear on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibo hut.
Day 4: Kibo to Horombo hut.
Wake up at midnight, have some snacks and coffee then proceed to the summit through Gilman point (18,640ft).It’s about 5-6 hours and 1-2 hours from Kibo hut to Gilman point and from Gilman point to Uhuru peak(19,340ft) respectively. Thus reaching the peak in the early morning of the fifth day and descending after pictures taking on the top to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Marangu to Moshi/Arusha.
After breakfast, descend from Horombo hut to Marangu gate. The waiting car will take you back to Moshi town or Arusha.
End of the five days Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu route, get ready for the next day flight back home or proceed with the wildlife safaris to other destinations.
- Wildlife safaris to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and other destinations, after and before the Kilimanjaro climb can be arranged.
• 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu route
• 4 nights’ accommodations during the climbing
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Kilimanjaro Airport(JRO) or Arusha Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
• All parks entrance fees and camping fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point of the climb
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Arusha or Moshi
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the climb).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange it.