- Daily walking, game drives and bird watching
- There will be a tour guide, driver, and cook
- All transfers in destination locations are included
- Main animals to view: elephants, Giraffe, hippos, sitatunga, and Lake Victoria’s biggest fish/Nile peach, python, etc.
- Complimentary mineral water, picnic lunches
- 2 nights’ in a bandas or public campsite(camping)
Enjoy three days safari to Rubondo Island, one of the game parks on Lake Victoria. The park is located in the Southwest of Lake Victoria and it has 456 bird species. Rubondo Island also protects another 11 islets, none much large breeding ground for migratory birds and fish species, Tilapia and Nile perch. The animals found in Rubondo Island include Sitatunga, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippos, Crocodiles, Chimpanzee and Colobus monkeys.
Day 1: Mwanza to Rubondo.
In the early morning, around 6:30 a.m., after breakfast, catch the ferry at Kigongo to cross Lake Victoria to the other side and start driving to Mganza via Geita on tarmac road; a four to five-hour’s drive. After arrival in Mganza around lunchtime, take lunch while preparing for a speedboat cruise to Rubondo Island.
Arrive in the Island in the late afternoon, after checking in to the bandas, take some hours for evening walking on the island, bird watching, and sunset on Lake Victoria Arrive back at the bandas for dinner and spend the night.
Day 2: Full Day in Rubondo Island.
In the morning after breakfast, leave the bandas with an armed ranger for a half-day walking for bird watching and animal trekking on the island till lunchtime, go back to the bandas for lunch and have an afternoon rest while enjoying the lake breeze. On evening after lunch and rest, take some more time for animal viewing till the evening sunset. Arrive at the bandas on evening for dinner and spend the night.
Day 3: Rubondo Back to Mwanza
After breakfast, pack all the staff and take a boat back to Mganza where you will pick up the vehicle and start driving straight to Busisi for a ferry crossing but on the way, you will stop in Geita for lunch before catching up the ferry. Arrive in Mwanza in the evening for a night flight to Dar ea Salaam or an overnight in Mwanza for the next morning flight.
- Visiting Bujora Sukuma Museum $150p.person
• 2 days of excursions in Rubondo Island
• 2 nights’ accommodations, park bandas/ camping
• Full board meals
• Boat to and from the Island
• Airport transfers, Mwanza airport
• Tour guide English speaking/French
• Professional safari cook
• All parks entrance fees and concession fees
• Transportation with 4×4 safari vehicles with an opened roof
• Guaranteed window seat for photographing
• Mineral water and soft drinks
• Free pickup in residential house in Mwanza
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the safaris and last day after the safari in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can organize it.