Mount Kenya Climbing Packages
From $1,395 /person
Would you like to discover the stunning Chogoria traverse on Mount Kenya? Then join us on this 6-days itinerary starting from Nairobi! At 5,199 m, Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa after Kilimanjaro. This stunning giant is famous for its breathtaking vegetation and wildlife. The highest peaks on Mount Kenya are Batian (5,199m), Nelion (5,188m) and Point Lenana (4,985m). On this adventure, we will climb to the top of Lenana via the Chogoria route, considered to be one of the most beautiful
Day 1: Nairobi to Nanyuki.
We will set off from Nairobi mid morning and drive for 3 hours to Nanyuki. We will have lunch at the Hotel where we will sort equipment and spend the night.
Day 2: Nanyuki to Old Moses.
We’ll drive to the Sirimon Park Gate (2600m) and begin our trek. We will go through forests, bamboo and giant heather zones until we reach the high altitude moorland and the Old Moses Mountain Hut/Campsite (3300m) where we will spend the night.
Day 3: Old Moses to Shipton Camp.
Follow a route that crosses the Ontulili River and further on crosses the Likii River before going up to Mackinders valley and finally, Shipton Camp below the towering, peaks and glacier.
Day 4: Acclimatization Day.
We’ll acclimatize at Shipton and enjoy short treks to Oblong and Hausberg Tarn before lunch.
Day 5: Shipton Camp to Mount Kenya Bandas.
Set off early, at 3am and hike up a steep scree slope and glacier 3-4 hours until we reach point Lenana (4985m) to catch site of the sunrise. Then, we will descend to Minto’s hut for breakfast. After resting a while, we will descend down a gorgeous valley with sights of The Temple, Lake Michaelson, Mushroom Rocks and Giant Billiards table before reaching the Bandas where we can enjoy a log fire, hot shower and bed.
Day 6: Mount Kenya Bandas to Nairobi.
After breakfast you will hike down a bamboo forest where a vehicle will meet you to transfer you to Chogoria town and further to Nairobi or proceed to join a Safari.
- Wildlife safaris to Maasai Mara, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and other destinations, after/before the Mount Kenya climb can be arranged.
• 6 days Mt. Kenya chogoria route
• 5 nights’ accommodations in the hut during the hiking
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Jomo Kenyatta Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
• All parks entrance fees and huts fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point at Sirimon gate
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Nairobi or Mombasa
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the hike).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.