Mount Kenya, 5,199 m, is the second highest peak in Africa. It is an ancient extinct volcano, during whose period of activity 2.6 – 3.1 million years ago it is thought to have raised to 6500m.There are twelve remnant glaciers on the mountain, all receding rapidly, and four secondary peaks that sit at the head of the U-shaped glacial valleys. The area inscribed includes the upper slopes of the mountain, and two salient which make up the National Park and surrounding Forest Reserve, with its rugged glacier-clad summits and forested middle slopes, Mount Kenya is one of the most impressive landscapes in Eastern Africa. The evolution and ecology of its afro-alpine flora also provide an outstanding example of ecological processes.
Day 1: Nairobi to Naro Moru.
Departure from Nairobi at 09:30hrs for transfer to Naro Moru, arrive for lunch, afterward an acclimatization walk will follow to the Famous Mau Mau Caves and Burguret Water Falls. After photography proceed to Hikers Camp (2,3309m), for dinner and overnight. 11Km, 4 to 5 hours hike.
Day 2: Naro Moru to Met Station.
After breakfast, hike via the Naro Moru gate to Met Station (3,040m) for dinner and overnight. 13Km hike, 3 to 4 hrs, with lunch en route.
Day 3: Met Station to Mackinders Camp.
After breakfast hike to Mackinders Camp (4,200m) for dinner and overnight. 13Km, 4 to 5 hrs hike with lunch en route.
Day 4: Mackinders Camp to Point Lenana-Chogoria Bandas.
Attempt Point Lenana at 02:30hrs and be at the peak before the sunrise. After the sunrise, descend the mountain to Mintos hut for a full breakfast. After breakfast descend with lunch en route to Chogoria Bandas campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Chogoria Bandas to Nairobi.
After breakfast, descend the mountain and connect with your transfer vehicle to Chogoria town for lunch. After lunch drive on to Nairobi with arrival in the late afternoon.
- Wildlife safaris to Maasai Mara, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and other destinations, after/before the Mount Kenya climb can be arranged.
• 5 days Mt. Kenya Naro Moru route
• 4 nights’ accommodations in the hut during the hiking
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Jomo Kenyatta Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
• All parks entrance fees and huts fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point at Naro Moru
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Nairobi or Mombasa
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the hike).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.