TANZANIA SAFARI PACKAGES
6day From $1,890 pp
The Machame route is the most popular route on the mountain. The days are longer and the walks are steeper when compared with Marangu. The Machame route is considered a difficult route, and is better suited for more adventurous folks and those with some hiking or backpacking experience. Machame approaches from the southwest and descends using Mweka, rewarding climbers with views of the expansive Shira Plateau, an optional scramble up Lava Tower, a climb up the Great Barranco Wall, and a traverse underneath Kilimanjaro’s Southern Ice field.
The descent occurs on the Mweka route. Climbers sleep in supplied tents at designated campsites, and eat meals either outdoors or inside a large dining tent. Staff prepares all meals and sets up the tents. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, although seven days is recommended. The Machame route is scenically beautiful and varied. However, due to the heavy crowds, it loses some of its splendor.
Free Day: Airport pick up, drive to hotel (Moshi or Arusha).
On this day one of our representative will pick you at the airport either in Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha and drive to the hotel in Arusha or Moshi for dinner and overnight, getting prepared for the next day climbing to Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Drive to Machame gate/Machame camp.
After breakfast with your picnic lunch box drive to Machame gate (alt.1800m), the drive takes 30 to 40 minutes from Moshi town. After all park formalities then start hiking through rainforest for about 5-6 hours to Machame camp (alt.3000m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Shira/Shira camp.
In the morning after breakfast with your packed lunch start the trek to shira camp which takes 3-4hours. On day this take just 10-15minutes from Machame hut you end the forest thereafter you walk in the Moorland. If the sky is clear you have clear view of Mount Meru, Kibo peak and other village down to the Mountain. Dinner and overnight at Shira camp (alt.3840m).
Day 3: Shira to Baranco camp.
After breakfast with your lunch box start the trek to Baranco camp which takes 5-6hours, in this day is important to have an acclimatization walk, to Lava tower (alt.4600m) then descend down to Baranco camp (alt.3940m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Baranco to Barafu camp.
After breakfast start ascend through Alpine desert to Barafu camp. Here you will have hot lunch, short break thereafter take some walk at least 200m higher. Dinner and overnight at Barafu camp (alt.4600).
Day 5: Barafu+Summit midnight/Mweka camp.
Around midnight, after cup of tea/ coffee with some bites start ascends to the Summit which takes 5-6hours (slowly) is high recommended. At the time around sunrise you will be at the summit Uhuru peak (5895m), After short break of summit celebrations descend to Barafu camp for lunch, short break then proceed to Mweka camp (alt.3000m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Mweka gate, transfer to Moshi or Arusha.
After breakfast descend through the rainforest to Mweka gate which takes 2-3hours. There you will get certificate then catch a waiting car ready for drive back to the hotel in Arusha or Moshi.
End of the six days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame route, get ready for the next day flight back home or proceed with the wildlife safaris to other destinations.
Things to do (Optional)
- Wildlife safaris to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and other destinations, after and before the Kilimanjaro climb can be arranged.
• 6 days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame route
• 5 nights’ accommodations during the climbing
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Kilimanjaro Airport(JRO) or Arusha Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
• All parks entrance fees and camping fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point of the climb
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Arusha or Moshi
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the climb).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.