Saanane Island is the second smallest Island which is a National park in Lake Victoria, and it covers an area of 0.5 square Kilometers. This park is a beautiful place where you can get a view of Mwanza city. Join African Diurnal Safari and spend a full day in Saanane Island with walking around the island with armed guide and expect to see much as possible, the most of the animals can be seen here are Impala, lizards, Hyrax, zebras, crocodiles and migrant species of birds more than 200 species have been recorded here.
This safari starts in the morning after breakfast leave at the lodge in Mwanza town with packed lunch. Arrival at Saanane Island National park office near to Tilapia Hotel, just 5 minutes drive from town and 15 minutes walk
Take a boat 15 minutes to the Island while taking a nice view of Mwanza city. Take a walking trip around the Island with armed guide until lunch time, but we expect to see Impala hard, Lizards, monitor Lizards, Rock hyrax, crocodile on the lake shore and different species of bird can be spotted in the park.
After lunch time take a further walking while going to take a bout back to Mwanza arrive in town on evening for dinner and overnight.
Things to do (optional)
- Visiting Bujora Sukuma Museum $90/person
- Mwanza walking tour $30/ person
• Full day bird watching and walking in Saanane Island
• Lunch box
• Life jacket in the boat
• Tour guide English speaking/French
• All parks entrance fees
• Mineral water and soft drinks
• Free pickup in residential house in Mwanza
• Boat round trip go and return from the island
• Guide gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and International flights
• Travel insurance and visas