- 3 days gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Explore the volcanic Twin Lakes
- Visiting Ibyi Iwacu cultural village
- Special appointed safari vehicle
- Service of professional English speaking guide/driver
- 2 nights’ accommodations
Volcanoes National Park protects the steep slopes of this magnificent mountain range and is the home of the rare mountain gorilla and the rich mosaic of Montana ecosystems, which embrace evergreen and bamboo forest, open grassland, swamp and heath, but the high point will be spending an hour with the remarkably peaceful gorillas despite their size and appearance as they go about their daily life, feeding, playing, resting and raising their young ones. Take your time and back up for primate safari in a beautiful famous land of Rwanda.
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
Hopefully you will arrival at Kigali International Airport in the morning, you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to the Hotel restaurant for breakfast then afterward go for a city tour of Kigali with possible visit to genocide memorial and latter transfer 2hrs drive to volcanoes National park close to the border with Uganda.
Arrive on late afternoon proceed with cultural experience in Ibyi iwacu cultural village, the village provides tourists experiences beyond wildlife viewing, the people, culture and how they live. The village also gives a chance to the visitors to enjoy eight different local dances, listen to Gorilla songs, local food preparations, visit the local healer, visit the king’s place and get to hear all the old stories. Drive at the lodge on evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking.
Today begins with an early – 06:00 am drive to the Volcanoes National Park offices for Gorilla Trekking briefing that takes place at 7:00 am. You will then start your walk at 8:00 am. The trekking may be fairly strenuous; up to six hours or longer at a relatively high altitude. For your own enjoyment, physical fitness with no health complication is required.
Explore the volcanic Twin Lakes, not far from Musanze you find the magnificent lakes of Burera and Ruhondo. Closer to the gorilla’s home, Lakes Burera and Ruhondo are real gems and a must see! Their deep blue water is surrounded. Afterward on evening arrive at the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Golden Monkey trekking/Transfer Back to Kigali.
Drive to Volcanoes National Park at 06:30 am for Golden monkey trekking to start at 08:00am There are two habituated groups of Golden Monkey, one group comprises around 80 – 100 members and has its home at the foot of Mt Sabyinyo. As with treks to see the Mountain Gorillas, treks to see the Golden Monkeys take place in the morning and visitors are permitted to stay for 1 hour with the monkeys.
Depart on late afternoon and take 2hrs drive to Kigali city or to Kigali International Airport (Depends on flight schedule).
• 3 days gorilla trekking and Golden monkey in Volcanoes National Park
• 2 nights’ accommodations in a tented camp or lodge
• All parks entrance fees and gorilla permits
• Airport transfers
• Tour guide-driver English speaking
• Transportation with 4×4 safari vehicles
• Guaranteed window seat for photographing
• Mineral water and soft drinks
• Free pickup in residential house/ hotel in Kigali
• Guide and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance
• Accommodation /meals one night before the safaris and last day after the safari in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.