TANZANIA SAFARI PACKAGES
From $2,460 /person
The Lemosho route is considered, to be the most scenic route on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the newest route and has fewer hikers than many of the other routes. It is situated on the West side of the mountain, near the Kenyan boarder, so requires a longer journey to reach the gate. It has the unique feature of showing Kilimanjaro from different angles as you make your gradual ascent.
This route provides better hiker acclimatization than other routes, due to the gradual terrain and the “hike high, sleep low” route travelled. This provides hikers with a higher rate of success in reaching the summit. This route is favorite among many guides, and is well worth the extra time and money spent.
Free Day: Airport pick up, drive to hotel (Moshi or Arusha).
On this day one of our representative will pick you at the airport either in Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha and drive to the hotel in Arusha or Moshi for dinner and overnight, getting prepared for the next day climbing to Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Londorosi to Mti mkubwa Camp (About 2.5 miles, 3-4 hrs).
After breakfast drive to Londorossi park gate (2250m/7380ft, 2.5 hours). From here a forest track requiring a 4WD vehicle leads to Lemosho Glades (2390m/7380ft, 11km, and 45minutes) and a possible campsite (park fees are not paid to camp here). Walk along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (Big tree) campsite for overnight.
Day 2: Mti mbubwa to shira 1 camp (about 5.5miles, 2-3hrs).
Several streams are crossed then it gains’ the Shira Ridge at about 3600m/1181ft and drops gently down to shira 1 camp located by a stream on the Shira plateau. Arrive for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Shira 1 camp to shira 2(About 6hrs).
After breakfast, a gentle walk across the plateau leads to shira 2 camp on moorland mean downs by a streams. A variety of walks are available on the Plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day. Arrive for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Shira camp to Barranco hut (About 6-8 hrs).
From the Shira plateau, we continue to the east, passing the junction towards the part of Kibo. As we continue our direction changes to the South East towards the Lava Tower called the “Shark’s Tooth”. Shortly after the tower we come to the second junction which brings us to the Arrow Glacier at an altitude of 4876m/15997ft. We now continue down to the Barranco Hut at an altitude of 3860m/12664ft. here we rest, enjoy dinner and overnight. Although you end the day at the same elevation as when you started, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body prepare for summit day.
Day 5: Barranco hut to Karanga hut (About 2-3 hrs).
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge passing the Barranco Wall, to the Karanga Valley (4200m/13780ft). Arrive at campsite dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Karanga to Barafu hut (About 3-4 hrs).
After breakfast, we leave the Karanga Valley and pass the junction which connects with Mweka Trail. We continue to the Barafu Hut, which is located at an altitude of 4600m/15092. You have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from many different angles. Here we make camp, rest, enjoy dinner and prepare for the summit day. The two peaks (Mawenzi and Kibo) are to be seen from this position.
Day 7: Summit then Mweka hut (About 6-7hrs up and 5-7hrs down).
Early the morning, after cup of tea or coffee continue the way to the summit of Uhuru Peak (5985m/19636ft). This part of the climb takes about 6 hours. It can be very cold at night at this elevation, but it will be quit warm by the end of the hiking day. You will want clothing for both extremes with you. At Uhuru Peak, you have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa. Faster hiker will see the sunrise from the summit. From the summit, now make your descend continuing straight down to the Mweka Hut campsite at 3100m/10171ft. This part of the descend takes about 5hours; you will want gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. Later in the evening, enjoy your last dinner on the mountain and a well- earned sleep. Beer and soda may be available for purchase at Mweka Hut the only place on this route.
Day 8: Mweka hut to Moshi or Arusha (About 4-5 hrs).
After breakfast, we continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear (keep rain gear and warmer clothing handy). A vehicle will meet you at Mweka village to drive you back to your hotel with your group. It is time for celebration!
End of the eight days Mount Kilimanjaro Lemosho route, get ready for the next day flight back home or proceed with the wildlife safaris to other destinations.
- Wildlife safaris to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and other destinations, after/before the Kilimanjaro climb can be arranged.
• 8 days Mount Kilimanjaro Lemosho route
• 7 nights’ accommodations during the climbing
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Kilimanjaro Airport(JRO) or Arusha Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
• All parks entrance fees and camping fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point of the climb
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Arusha or Moshi
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the climb).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange it.