Mount Kenya Climbing Packages
From $1,300 /person
The most famous climbing routes on Mount Kenya – the Sirimon and the Chogoria Routes – and make the tour a remarkably diverse and spectacular hike. Sirimon Route, coming from the west, passes through the dry areas of the mountain with giant trees and rocky terrain. The descent on the Chogoria Route is exactly the opposite of lush bamboo forests and highlands. This is one of the most straight forward routes. You will enjoy trekking this route as you listen to stillness of this park. The spectacular sceneries lay before you while chirping of the birds and other creatures fills the air with the sounds of African wilds.
Day 1: Nairobi to Sirimon gate then Judmier Camp (Old Moses Camp).
Leave Nairobi at 8 am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Judmier Camp to Shipton Camp.
After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking left at the junction. After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks, for dinner and Overnight at Shipton Camp, 4200m.
Day 3: Shipton Camp.
Spend the day acclimatizing. Walk to Kami Hut down to Hauseberg Lakes (Hauseberg Tarn and Nanyuki Tarn). Walk back to Shipton for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Shiptons to Point Lenana then Mount Meru Bandas (Chogoria Gate).
Leave at 3am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving point Lenana at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos hut, 2hrs, for breakfast and further hrs down to Mount Meru Bandas, 2950m, for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Chogoria Bandas to Nairobi.
Descend 2hr, 15km to forest clearance to catch a 4×4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Village where you will connect with your transfer vehicle back to Nairobi.
- Wildlife safaris to Maasai Mara, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and other destinations, after/before the Mount Kenya climb can be arranged.
• 5 days Mt. Kenya Sirimon out Chogoria route
• 4 nights’ accommodations in the hut during the hiking
• All climbing gears and camping equipments
• Full board meals during the hike
• Emergency First Aid kit, including: Emergency Oxygen, stethoscope.
• Airport transfers,/ Jomo Kenyatta Airport
• Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
• All parks entrance fees and huts fees
• Transfers from the hotel to the starting point at Sirimon gate
• Mineral water
• Hiking support team (Cook, assistant, porters)
• Emergency Communications systems
• Free pickup in residential house or hotel in Nairobi or Mombasa
• Other dietary requirements on request
• Guide, Cook and porters gratitude / tips
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional activities
• Boiled / filtered water on the mountain. (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle on the first day of the hike).
• Alcohol drinks
• Domestic and international flights
• Travel insurance and visas
• Accommodation /meals one night before the climbing and last day after the climb in case clients will prefer to overnight with an extra charges we can arrange.